Halloween, the festival of the ghosts, spirits, and dead, is celebrated on October 31 annually with immense zeal and gusto. The holiday finds its roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain, observed in ancient Europe. Primarily a festival of the United States and Canada, Halloween is now gaining popularity in other parts of the world. Preparations begin well in advance, which can be seen through a plethora of decorations displayed in shopping complexes, craft stores, and streets. Costume parties, trick-or-treating, jack-o'-lanterns, bonfires, horror films, scary stories, and pumpkins are the most popularly identified symbols of this spooky holiday. It is Halloween parties that people wait eagerly round the year to indulge in sheer fun and enjoyment. To give your Halloween party a thumbs-up and make it a big hit, you can incorporate homemade crafts, which can be transformed into decorations, trick-or-treats, and party favors. Go through the following lines to discover some ghastly yet wonderful Halloween crafts to make at home.
Homemade Halloween Craft Ideas
Looking for ideas to craft a spooky and spirited Halloween? Discover fun and simple homemade Halloween crafts, in this write-up.
Homemade Halloween Crafts
- Black Spray Paint (optional)
- Adhesive Googly Eyes (in assorted sizes)
- Craft Glue
- Cover the work area with newspaper and place the pumpkin over the newspaper.
- Spray paint the pumpkin black, if you wish to color it. Leave the pumpkin aside to let the paint dry completely.
- Remove the backing from the googly eyes and position them at places all over the pumpkin.
- In case the adhesive on the back of the googly eyes does not work, secure the eyes on the pumpkin with craft glue.
- Scrap Paper
- Black Electrical Tape
- Extra-long flexible Green Straws
- Draw various pumpkin faces (eyes, nose & mouth) on scrap paper to see which ones look better. Try practicing small and simple shapes since they can be cut out freehand.
- Cut out assorted face shapes from black electrical tape with the help of scissors.
- Stick the shapes to the wineglasses to create pumpkin faces.
- Create a knot in the flexible green straws to make stems for the glasses.
- In case the straws are too long to fit into the glasses, trim the ends.
- Pour orange drink to each glass and insert a green straw.
- Place the glasses on trays for the guests to help themselves.
- Assorted small Candies or Snack Foods (cheese puffs, black and orange jelly beans, and candy corn)
- Clear Plastic Glove
- 1- to 3-inch Ribbon
- Drop a single colored candy into each fingertip of the glove to create fingernails.
- Fill the rest of the glove with assorted candies in different colors.
- Tie a knot at the end of the glove.
- Tie one end of the ribbon to the end of the glove.
- Trim excess ribbon and hang the glove at your desired place.
- Similarly, create various candy gloves, filled with different candies and snacks.