Halloween is a spooky and fun-filled festival celebrated every year on October 31, primarily in the United States and Canada. The festive essence can be seen in the large-scale preparations that begin days before the holiday arrives. Amongst them all, decorating the houses with art and craft decorations is highly popular. Those decorations found in the market are pretty and attractive to look at. But with a little imagination and creativity, you can make wonderful decorations at home, unique and different from those readily available ones in craft stores. These creepy and spooky looking decorations are simple to make, by using simple items found in households. So, pull up your sleeves and get prepared for some thrilling and exciting projects to create ghoulish yet eye-catching crafts on Halloween. Read through the lines before for great ideas on the same.
Simple Halloween Craft Ideas
Spooky Eyeball Bucket
Decorations can be raised to a different level with easy Halloween crafts. Glance through this article for some easy craft ideas for Halloween.
Easy Halloween Crafts
- Black Plastic Bucket
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Black Marker
- White Craft Glue
- Black Craft Paint
- In case the bucket is designed, sand down the design using sandpaper. Thereafter, scrape the rest of the bucket to even it out.
- Paint the bucket in black. However, you do not have to follow this step in case the bucket is already black in color and free from any kind of design.
- Sketch several pairs of eyes, stuck together, in assorted shapes and sizes on yellow construction paper.
- Cut out the eyes keeping both the eyes together rather than cutting them out individually.
- Turn over the eyes to keep the pencil marks underneath.
- Draw eyeballs with a black marker.
- Affix the eyes all around the bucket.
- Fill it up with popcorn or candy and make it a fun centerpiece.
- Clear Plastic Craft Ornaments
- Black Permanent Marker
- Orange Crinkle Paper, Feathers and Pom-poms
- ¼-inch Green Ribbon
- Open up the plastic craft ornaments and draw a pumpkin face on the inside of one side using a permanent marker.
- Stuff the ornament with orange crinkle paper, feathers, or pom-poms.
- Add a drop of glue to the bottom and affix the stuffed material to the ornament.
- Cut small pieces of green ribbon and string them through the loops of the ornaments.
- The ornaments are ready to be hung at the trick-or-treat tree.
Adorable Spooky Frames
- Round Picture Frames
- Orange Paper
- Glue Pen
- Fine Black Glitter
- Orange Ribbon
- Remove the backing, photo, and glass from the frames.
- Cut out orange papers to match the size of the glass of the frames.
- Draw different jack-o'-lantern face features on the orange paper with a glue pen and sprinkle black glitter. Do this one paper at a time, lest the glue dries before sprinkling the glitter.
- Cut out a long piece of orange ribbon and wrap it around the frame.
- Tape the ribbon on the underside to secure.
- Replace the frame backing with the orange paper forming the picture on display.
Pretty Paper Pumpkins
- Orange and Green solid or patterned Scrapbooking Paper
- Scissors or Circle Cutter
- Stack 6 sheets of matching scrapbooking paper, one over each other.
- Cut out equal circles or ovals from the stack.
- Separate the sheets and fold each one in half.
- Glue one half circle on top of another circle.
- Continue pasting the half circles till you get a stack of 6 half circles.
- Pull the top half circle around to meet the last half circle. Glue the two pieces together.
- Cut out a small stem-shaped piece from green scrapbooking paper and glue it on top of the pumpkin.